Our memberships: Garantees for excellent cuisine and impreccable service.
Chaîne des Rôtisseurs
The Confraternity known as la Chaîne des Rôtisseurs is an international gourmet society that was founded in Paris in 1950. The society is based on the traditions and practices of the old French royal "guild of goose roasters", whose authority gradually expanded to include the roasting of all poultry, meat and game. It is dedicated to the fine art of cooking and promotes the preservation of culinary art and table etiquette.
Currently, la Chaîne des Rôtisseurs has about 24,000 members in 75 countries. Its national sections are called «Bailliages» and these are divided into subsections. New members are accepted through the local Bailliages.
There are about 220 Chaîne establishments in Switzerland that have been selected by a specialist jury and guarantee excellent cuisine and first class service. There are currently thirteen Chaîne establishments in the city of Zurich and the Zunfthaus zur Waag is one of them. In 2014 Sepp Wimmer, the host of Zunfthaus zur Waag, was made Officier Maître Restaurateur.
The Confraternity of the Golden Fish is a society for gastronomy and cuisine that is dedicated to promoting the art of cooking fish in the world of hospitality.
The 7 golden rules
- This award is only conferred by the Confraternity of the Golden Fish on culinary establishments that have a passion for fresh fish as a delicacy. If possible, fish caught locally should be a main feature on the menu.
- The range of dishes prepared with fish, shellfish and crustaceans should include regional and house specialities.
- Professional recommendations concerning the choice of dishes are expected.
- The assortment of wines harmonizes with the fish on offer.
- Presentation of the fish courses is a pleasant inspiration to the guests.
- The relationship between price and quality is satisfactory.
- It must be possible to identify that the establishment carries the award of the Confraternity of the Golden Fish.
Holders of the ZürichCARD can enjoy the city to the fullest and at the same time get great value for their money. You profit from unlimited travel by public transport throughout the city of Zurich and its surrounding area, free or reduced admission to the majority of Zurich's museums, 10 to 20% discount in various local stores, a culinary surprise in selected restaurants and many more discounts.
The ZUNFTHAUS ZUR WAAG offers you a desert with your main course.